Helping NCF helps others. NCF is funded through grants, project fees and donations.
Visit GiveMN.org to make a secure donation to NCF.
Interesting facts about manufactured housing and resident-owned communities:
- It is the largest source of unsubsidized affordable housing in Minnesota — serving six percent of households.
- Manufactured home communities, historically known as "mobile home parks" evolved out of the travel trailer industry in the 1950’s.
- Manufactured housing is an affordable housing resource — providing quality affordable homes to many lower income families. In Minnesota, owners of manufactured homes are consistently found to be lower-income than their peers living in stick-built homes.
- Nationally, over 90% of manufactured homes do not move once they are sited in a community.
- Residents of manufactured home communities have a length of tenure comparable to that of their counterparts in traditional, stick-built single-family homes.
- There are nearly 1,000 resident-owned communities across the United States. Currently there are six resident-owned communities in Minnesota, with more in the process of conversion.